Summary – InsightFinder can source the metrics from Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and correlate it with other data to generate anomalies and root causes. Below documentation is a walk through of how to configure GKE and InsightFinder integration.
Project Creation :-
- Go to “Settings”->“System Settings”. Click on “Add New Project”.
- Select “Kubernetes” from the list and click on “Create Project” on the next page.
- This is where you will start configuring the project.
- Cluster Type – Select “Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)”
- Cluster Name – Use the cluster name of your GKE cluster
- Project Id, Private key Id, Private key, Client email, Client id – Use your gcp authentication key information here. Please Note – Private Key starts with 5 ‘-’ and ends with ‘\n’.
- Click on “verify” and you will be taken to the next page if verification is successful.
- Select “Instance Type” and “Metric” from the dropdown that you want to configure for your analytics in the InsightFinder.
- Default sampling interval is 5 Min. Minimum could be 1 min. You can choose your sampling interval.
- Then on the next page, you can type in the “Project Name” and “System Name” and click on Register.
- Once a project is successfully created, you will see a message like below.
Project Configuration :-
Information needed –
- GCP json key for authentication.