Azure Integration for Metrics
Summary – InsightFinder can source the metrics from Microsoft Azure and correlate it with other data to generate anomalies and root causes. Below documentation is a walk through of how to configure Azure and InsightFinder
Project Creation :-
- Go to “Settings”->“System Settings”. Click on “Add New Project”.
- Select “Microsoft Azure” from the list and click on “Create Project” on the next page.
- This is where you will start configuring the project.
- Client Id, Client Secret, Tenant Id, Subscription id, – Use your MS Azure authentication key information here.
- Data Type – Metric
- Click on “Verify” and you will be taken to the next page if verification is successful.
- Select Resources” and “Metric” from the dropdown that you want to configure for your analytics in the InsightFinder.
- Default sampling interval is 5 Min. Minimum could be 1 min. You can choose your sampling interval.
- Then on the next page, you can type in the “Project Name” and “System Name” and click on Register.
- Once a project is successfully created, you will see a message like below.
Once a project is successfully created, you can see the data streaming using Overall line chart.
MS Azure Credentials for Project Configuration :-
Information needed – Microsoft Azure credentials are required for the authentication step.
- You need to have a subscription with MS Azure. When you click into the subscription, you will get your subscription Id.
- Go to “Azure Active Directory” and then “App Registration”. Register a new app. Once your app is registered, you can go into the app and get a client Id and tenant ID.
- Then you can generate the client secret by going to the “certificates & secrets” page.
- Next step is to add permission to the app. Go to the IAM page for a subscription. And “Add role assignment”.
- Select the “Reader” role for this app.
- On the next screen, select “User, group or service principal”. A side bar will appear on the right. Search for your app there, select it and complete that step. You app will get the reader role.
- Once you complete it, you are ready with all the required credentials to integrate with InsightFinder.