The Sr. Software Engineer position is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining all aspects of InsightFinder’s technologies. These technologies are integral to every part of running the business, including consistent communications with our agents, communication with assorted API’s, delivering a robust and expandable portal to an array of different users/roles, storing and manipulating information, and much more. This engineer will work closely with other Software Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers to be sure all aspects of our systems are stable, scalable and efficient; continuing to bring new/innovative features to customers. This individual must possess excellent communication skills and display a strong passion for producing quality software.
- Translates designs, wireframes, and user stories into high quality software.
- Designs, builds, and maintains high performance, reusable, and reliable code that adheres to enforced coding standards.
- Proposes solutions and/or implementation strategies.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Works closely with other engineers to accomplish common goals.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Identifies root cause of bugs/issues and resolves them quickly.
- Stays up-to-date with upcoming changes to current technologies and industry trends.
- Participates in a variety of planning and development activities.
- Provides on-call development support (as needed).
- Actively works to increase technical skill level.
- Reviews code and upholds strict coding standards
- Mentors other technology staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science with course work in computer network, computer performance, and object-oriented programming design.
- At least 5 years of Java development experience preferred.
- Experience with/ deep understanding of the following patterns, technologies, and concepts:
- React JS
- Distributed Systems
- Event Driven/ Pub-Sub
- Dependency Injection
- Containerization and Container orchestration
- Passion for speed and optimization within the development process
- Experienced with agile development using Scrum/Kanban
- Experience with Git (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Jira or similar
Location: Raleigh Office
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
InsightFinder provides innovative machine learning technology to unlock the value in IT operational data, from performance metrics to textual log files, finding root causes for deviations from normal behaviors and recurring patterns, as well as predicting future events and outages to reduce unnecessary human intervention. InsightFinder’s core technologies and patent-pending solutions are available via online subscription or on-premise deployment.