Title :- PagerDuty Integration
InsightFinder can source the data from and send the notifications/alerts to PagerDuty. Below documentation is a walk through of how to configure PagerDuty in InsightFinder.
How it works
InsightFinder generates alerts for incidents predicted in the system. Alert from InsightFinder trigger a new event on the corresponding PagerDuty Service for Global Event Routing.
The PagerDuty integration requires an admin role in order to authorize the account. If you are not an admin, please reach out to an admin or account owner within your organization to configure the integration for you.
If you need any help getting the PagerDuty integration up and running, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Creation (Getting data from PagerDuty):-
- Go to “Settings”->“System Settings”. Click on “Add New Project”.
- Select “PagerDuty” from the list and click on “Create Project” on the next page.
- Provide “API Token” from pagerduty here and click “Verify”.
- On the next page, select the PagerDuty Service you want to source data from, Timestamp and Instance based on your pagerduty field configurations.
- Then on the next page, you can type in the “Project Name” and “System Name” and click on Register.
- Once a project is successfully created, you will see a message like below.
- You can go to the “Alert Analysis” page and check the data coming in there with the next alert raised in PagerDuty.
- You are all set to receive PagerDuty alerts/incidents in InsightFinder and start to use InsightFinder AI engine for Incident Investigation and Prediction.
Project Creation (Sending notification to PagerDuty) :-
- Go to “Settings”->“External Service Settings”. Click on “PagerDuty”.
- Pop up will open up where you click on “Add New”.
- Select the “System name” that you want to send notifications for and provide the “Service Key” and close the window.
- You are all set to send InsightFinder incident notifications/alerts to PagerDuty.
- PagerDuty API Key (required to get data from PagerDuty) – You can to go Integrations -> Developer Tools -> API Access Keys and Create New API key
- PagerDuty Service Key (required to send data from PagerDuty) – You must have a service registered in PagerDuty to get the key. In the service, go to “View Integrations”.
Figure IXClick on the integration to see the “Integration Key”.
Figure XIf you don’t have integrations already, add “Event API v1” integration.