The Technical Support Engineer position is primarily responsible for installing/setting up InsightFinder’s technologies for customers and internally, as well as assisting customers with any issues that are reported. These technologies consist of many different components and is installed in a distributed manner across multiple nodes, environments, etc. This engineer will work closely with Software Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers to be sure all aspects of our systems are stable, scalable and efficient; continuing to bring new/innovative features to customers. This individual must possess great communication skills, and display a strong passion for supporting quality software.
- Designs, builds, and maintains high performance, reusable, and reliable installation and maintenance scripts and processes.
- Provides installation and setup support to Customers.
- Works closely with customers to troubleshoot and resolve support issues.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance Engineers to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the technology.
- Provides on-call support (as needed).
- Works with Software Engineers to identify the root cause of bugs/issues and resolves them quickly.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Stays up-to-date with upcoming changes to current technologies and industry trends.
- Participates in a variety of planning and development activities.
- Actively works to increase technical skill level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field OR in lieu of degree, 3+ years of professional technical support/infrastructure engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional technical support experience.
- Experience with/ deep understanding of the following patterns, technologies, and concepts:
- Automation (Platform setup, build, deploy, etc)
- Linux administration- Centos/Redhat etc
- Bash scripting
- Other technologies and concepts that are nice to have:
- Containerization and Container orchestration
- Assorted logging and metric collection tools (collectd, logstash, etc.)
- Passion for speed and optimization within the development process
- Experience with Git (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Jira or similar
Location: Raleigh Office
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
InsightFinder provides innovative machine learning technology to unlock the value in IT operational data, from performance metrics to textual log files, finding root causes for deviations from normal behaviors and recurring patterns, as well as predicting future events and outages to reduce unnecessary human intervention. InsightFinder’s core technologies and patent-pending solutions are available via online subscription or on-premise deployment.