The Software Engineer position is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining all aspects of InsightFinder’s technologies. These technologies are integral to every part of running the business, including consistent communications with our agents, communication with assorted API’s, delivering a robust and expandable portal to an array of different users/roles, storing and manipulating information, and much more. This engineer will work closely with other Software Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers to be sure all aspects of our systems are stable, scalable and efficient; continuing to bring new/innovative features to customers. This individual must possess good communication skills, and display a strong passion for producing quality software.
● Translates designs, wireframes, and user stories into high-quality software.
● Designs, builds, and maintains high performance, reusable, and reliable code that adheres to enforced coding standards.
● Works closely with team members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
● Works closely with other engineers to accomplish common goals.
● Responds to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
● Identifies the root cause of bugs/issues and resolves them quickly.
● Stays up-to-date with upcoming changes to current technologies and industry trends.
● Participates in a variety of planning and development activities.
● Actively works to increase technical skill level.
● Reviews code and upholds strict coding standards
● Other duties as assigned.
● Master’s Degree in the applicable field OR in lieu of degree, 3+ years of Java backend development experience.
● Experience with a deep understanding of the following patterns, technologies, and concepts:
o Distributed Systems
o Event Driven/ RabbitMQ
● Other technologies and concepts that are nice to have:
- Containerization and Container orchestration
● Passion for speed and optimization within the development process
● Experienced with agile development using Scrum/Kanban
● Experience with Git (Github, Bitbucket)
● Experience with Jira or similar