- Reports to: CTO
- Location: Raleigh, NC (preferable) or remote
InsightFinder is the system of intelligence for IT Operations. Large enterprises like Credit Suisse, China Mobile, and Dell rely on our products to predict and prevent outages. Unlike alternatives, only InsightFinder uses scalable unsupervised machine learning to detect anomalies in complex machine data and automate the lifecycle from monitoring to auto-remediation for operational incidents.
InsightFinders are hungry and humble. We’re passionate about changing the world with exceptional software. We work hard but also invest in each other’s personal growth. We hire the whole person. We celebrate diversity.
We’re early leaders in a $20B market. The company is growing fast and seeking a Principal Software Engineer and Team Lead who thrives in high-velocity environments and takes pride in shipping world-class enterprise SaaS software that delights users.
Successful candidates are developers who write, review, and debug code plus have demonstrated success leading small engineering teams. We expect you to work closely with company leadership and help us achieve our vision of eliminating unplanned downtime for every organization that delivers digital services.
Experience with/deep understanding of the following technologies, systems, and concepts
- React JS
- Performance tuning
- Web services
- Distributed Systems
- Event Driven/Pub-Sub
- CI/CD, DevOps
- Automatic testing
- Containerization and container orchestration
- Provide technical leadership for software development, QA, infrastructure, and operations
- Translate designs, wireframes, and user stories into high quality software
- Design, build, review, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code that adheres to enforced coding standards
- Propose solutions and/or implementation strategies
- Be available to respond to time-critical operational issues as needed
- Identify root cause of bugs/issues and resolve them quickly
- Stays up-to-date with upcoming changes to current technologies and industry trends
- Participate in a variety of planning and development activities
- Mentor technology team members
- Demonstrated success shipping enterprise SaaS software for technical users
- Demonstrated success in a team lead role in a high-growth environment
- Demonstrated success working with tight deadlines
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science and/or at least five years of professional Java development plus at least two years of architect experience
- Demonstrated success managing the development lifecycle using scrum/Kanban with GitHub (or equivalent) and Jira (or equivalent)