Rene Steenvoorden, Chief Digital Officer (CDO) at HR behemoth Randstad, started in IT 30 years ago when technology was a distraction and IT gear was relegated to server rooms in the basement. He's a two-time CIO of the year award winner and a visionary in HRTech. Rene's an evangelist for using technology to improve the employee experience having served in similar roles at Rabobank, McKinsey, and Procter & Gamble. You might ask why a 60-year old staffing firm needs a CDO. Well, you won't after meeting Rene!
Listen and learn:
- How chatbots are eliminating the "black hole of recruiting"
- Why you may land your next job in the metaverse
- The single biggest factor that determines how candidates rate the recruiting process
- Which disruptive technologies are improving the hiring process
- Why retaining existing employees is much less expensive than recruiting new ones
- The role of technology in blue collar vs. white collar hiring processes
- How to mitigate the impact of bias when training ML models to select candidates
References in this episode: