Philippe Cases, CEO of Topio Networks, serial entrepreneur, and investor discusses edge computing, IoT and AI plus the future of Silicon Valley
March 26, 2021
Philippe Cases has been an entrepreneur and investor in Silicon Valley for more than 25 years. Most recently, he founded Topio Networks to automate the process of generating business insights in tech markets like edge computing, IoT, and blockchain. Philippe has strong opinions about everything from autonomous driving to augmented reality and is paid to influence how they evolve.
Listen and learn…
- How an engineer growing up in France and Germany came to be a Silicon Valley success story.
- Why we may never "fully automate the process of generating business insights".
- What technology is limiting mainstream use of edge computing for AI tasks.
- Of truck drivers, stock brokers, and real estate agents, which will be made obsolete first by AI.
- What needs to change about Silicon Valley.
Also mentioned on the show:
- Accelerators including YC and Alchemist
- Waymo and Mobileye for autonomous driving
- TinyML low-power machine learning for edge computing
Thanks to Erin McMahon for the introduction to Philippe!