Phil Heltewig, CEO of conversational AI platform Cognigy, on the future of customer service automation
November 14, 2021
Phil Heltewig, co-founder and CEO of Cognigy, the low-code conversational AI platform for managing customer service bots, discusses how new AI technologies are improving the support experience. Phil started Cognigy in 2016 with two co-founders and has since raised $55M from Insight Partners among others. The team is now about 100 employees and boasts an amazing customer list including Lufthansa and Bosch.
Listen and learn…
- What Teddy Ruxpin has to do with the future of conversational AI.
- About the highs and lows of the entrepreneurial journey: "…there are days when you're wondering if you can make payroll…"
- How customer service bots "are designed to help humans in call centers, not replace them."
- What are the biggest technical challenges when applying NLP in narrow enterprise domains with limited training data.
- How Cognigy thinks about mitigating the impact of bias in AI models.
- Why your experience re-booking your flight will be much better in the future.
References in this episode:
- Cognigy on Twitter
- AI and the Future of Work with Panos Siozos