Today's guest has been bringing families together online since 1997 when he founded Ancestry.com which has served more than 13 billion profiles, amassed 40 billion people records, and generated over a billion dollars in revenue. He followed that up with FamilyLink which he founded in 2007 and today has more than 50 million users.
For the past several years, Paul Allen has been on a new adventure having founded Soar.com in 2017. He and the team are connecting employees to stories from trusted sources to help them make better, more informed decisions.
Soar indexes millions of hours of video and audio content in domains as diverse as academic lectures, political hearings, and stump speeches. Not surprisingly, he and the team are using AI to make all that content discoverable and accessible.
Paul is a sought after speaker, a director of the Human Justice Foundation, and is one of the most mission-driven entrepreneurs of our generation.
Listen and learn…
- Paul's number one business lesson
- How Paul "uplifts humanity" with AI
- Why the "factory education system" doesn't work
- Why AGI won't be the end of civilization
- How an AI studio for audio transcription works
- The role of CitizenGPT… and why it won't hallucinate
- How AI is restoring lost human connections
- How to detect and mitigate the danger of deepfake video content using a blockchain
- What it means to be an ethical publisher of content in the age of AI
- Paul's (not so obvious) secret to success
References in this episode…