Haixun Wang, VP and AI Distinguished Scientist at Instacart, shares insights from 20 years of innovating at IBM, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon
January 1, 2021
Great episode to kick off 2021. Dr. Haixun Wang has been at the forefront of introducing AI-based innovation to the world’s leading technology companies including IBM, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon. He’s the current VP Engineering and Distinguished Scientist at Instacart where he focuses on improving the grocery delivery experience with AI.
Listen and learn…
- Why knowledge graphs may be the solution to improve today’s e-commerce search experience.
- Why it’s hard to create an algorithm to help shoppers pick items from store shelves.
- What defines a “technology” company.
- Why it’s difficult to “make the physical world smart”.
- What happens when you search “insomnia” on Amazon.
- Haixun’s proudest accomplishment.
Resources mentioned in the discussion with Dr. Wang:
- Our episodes with…
- Haixun’s quarantine reading: In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust
- Haixun’s blog