Glenn Solomon, GGV Capital Managing Partner, discusses the people behind amazing companies like Airbnb, HashiCorp, and Opendoor
February 15, 2021
Glenn Solomon has discovered and invested in many iconic companies like Slack, Zendesk, and Square. In this episode, he shares his investing philosophy and how he became great at what he does. This one’s worth a listen just to hear Glenn share stories from when he first met the founders of Airbnb and HashiCorp.
Listen and learn…
- Why the stock of Domino’s Pizza has outperformed Google over the past decade.
- How Opendoor stumbled… before eventually going public and reaching a $20B valuation.
- Why Nike employs more software engineers than shoe designers.
- What technology will define the next “Zoom” moment.
Companies, episodes, and people mentioned in this episode:
- Barr Moses from Monte Carlo
- Unravel Data
- Evangelos Simoudis from Synapse Partners
- Haixun Wang from Instacart