Special guest Gareth Rushgrove, editor of the popular DevOps Weekly newsletter (since its inception ten years ago!) and former product lead at Docker and Puppet, joined the podcast this week for a wide-ranging discussion about the culture of IT operations, security and software development, and the future of application monitoring.
Listen and learn:
- Why Gareth thinks teaching developers to write secure code is a “socio-technical” problem
- Why the perceived “go fast vs. be secure” perceived tradeoff is wrong
- What Gareth has been doing to support the Open Policy Agent and accelerate adoption of infrastructure as code
- What’s ahead for Kubernetes and container management
- What advice Gareth “newsletter iron man” has for listeners… and the one mistake he made when launching DevOps Weekly