Doug Kerwin is an engineering leader and entrepreneur who recently published "Riley and Bot: Jobs for Robots and Jobs for Me". By day, he's a Vice President of Cloud Engineering at Prudential. After hours, he's a dad who wants the best for his daughter and needed to answer her questions about the impact of AI on jobs.
Listen and learn…
- What inspired an engineer without an AI background to write a kids book about AI
- Why Doug concludes that "no job will be completely AI-resistant"
- New careers that are being created by the introduction of AI-related technology
- How GitHub Copilot is helping programmers write better code faster
- Which innately human skills will never be automated
References in this episode: