Dipanwita (“D”) Das, Founder and CEO of Sorcero, discusses how AI improves lives by helping life sciences experts accelerate medical research
April 24, 2022
Dipanwita ("D") Das, Founder and CEO of Sorcero, is an award-winning technology entrepreneur and AI innovator. She is the CEO & Co-founder of Sorcero, a venture-backed AI Saas product startup, focused on using AI and NLP to inform critical decisions to improve lives. Prior to starting Sorcero, D was the founder & CEO of 42 Strategies, managing digital transformation projects for Richard Branson's Virgin United, Al Gore's Climate Reality Project, and Bloomberg Philanthropies.
Listen and learn…
- Why D says "…doing something that leaves a legacy of good" is a core element of Sorcero's mission.
- What D means by "…humans plus AI is greater than humans alone."
- How Sorcero strives to "accelerate vs. automate" decisions.
- How Sorcero helped doctors diagnose a rare form of metastatic breast cancer and save a life.
- What it means for patients that healthcare data is growing at a 36% CAGR.
- How Sorcero marries heuristics with NLP and transfer learning to help researchers.
- D's advice to females in male-dominated fields: "The only way to win is to persist."
References in this episode…
- The Sorcero Life Sciences Intelligence Platform
- D on Twitter
- Paddy Padmanabhan on AI and the Future of Work