Derek Steer cut his teeth as a data analyst at Facebook and Yammer more than a decade ago. He co-founded Mode in 2013 to make it easier to ask questions about data and get better answers faster. Mode has since raised four rounds of funding including a recent $33M round from an exceptional group of investors. 52% of Fortune 500 companies use Mode and Derek has grown the team to more than 300 employees. Derek's vision: "drive the time to do analysis down to zero." He's well on his way!
Listen and learn…
- What Mode's doing to "unlock the power of human reasoning"
- What Derek learned about tools for data analysts from Facebook and Yammer
- Why there will always be a need for analytics frontends even amid competition from data warehouses like Snowflake
- The future of work for data analysts
- The biggest tragedy in BI today
References in this episode: