Get Information needed from Nagios XI
What we need from Nagios are server URL and API Key. Here’re the steps to obtain these info:
- When you log into Nagios XI and are at the home dashboard, see the server url in the browser.
- If the URL is ending with index.php, please remove the ending index.php, and the remaining part will be the server URL.
- If the URL doesn’t have any characters following /nagiosxi, please copy the entire URL without the ending “/”.
- A sample url input will be like https://nagiosxi.demos.nagios.com/nagiosxi
Click on the upper right button with your user name showing.
After clicking on it, you will be redirected to the account information page. Here we will collect the API key information.
Create Nagios alert project in the InsightFinder
In InsightFinder, Click on Start data ingestion
On the left panel, choose Event monitoring, then click on Nagios
Input the Service URL and the API key we just got from Nagios and click on verify
Choose the host names that you want to include in the project. You can choose from the host group.
- Set the log entry timestamp timezone. The default will be GMT.
- Set project name and system name.
- Click Finish