Summary – InsightFinder can stream AWS cost data and generate anomalies to automatically alert the team of any unwanted or unidentified activities in the account from hackers or over-utilization and help reduce your cost bills.
- Go to “Settings” → “System settings”. Click on “Add New Project”.
- Select “AWS Cost” from the list and click on “Create Project” on the next page.
- This is where you will configure the project.
- Access Key ID, Secret Key – Use your AWS credentials (must be granted access to AWS Cost Explorer API)
- Click on “Verify” and you will be taken to the next page if the test API call is successful.
- Choose the granularity, sampling interval (in terms of granularity), and collection frequency (how often the AWS cost data is fetched). You may also choose to load historical data if you wish.
- The default for granularity is daily, if you would like to use hourly data, please go to AWS Cost Explorer, under Preferences, enable Hourly and Resource Level Data, this will generate a small amount of cost depending on the number of UsageRecord
- If you just enabled the hourly data on AWS Cost and wish to load historical data, we suggest creating the project later as the hourly data make take up to 24 hours to generate from AWS
- On the next page, you can type in the project name and system name and click on Register.
- Once the project is successfully created, you should see a message like the following:After some time, you should be able to see data in the metric chart like below.